Advertisements

Hot Air Balloon Dubai

โ€œThis post contains a few affiliate links. I only recommend products I actually use. If you purchase through an affiliate link She Who Dares to may receive a commission at no extra cost to youโ€.

Who would have imagined for a hot air balloon in Dubai? Not me! Listed on my bucket list was a hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey, however, I was able to try it here in Dubai.

Hot Air Balloon ride in The UAE is actually seasonal. They run from September – May every year because of weather conditions while June – August is the warmest month.

I won’t sugarcoat things here, the ride is expensive though I booked the budget ride on a certain website. It is still expensive.

Package + Cost:
1. Hot Air Balloon Ride + Falconry + Breakfast + Wildlife Safari = AED 1350 or USD 370
2. Hot Air Balloon Ride + Falconry + Breakfast = AED 1250 or USD 343
3. Hot Air Balloon Ride + Falconry = AED 839 or USD 230
Inclusions for all package:
1. Hotel/Residence pick up and drop off.
2. An hour flight
3. Flight Certificate
What to Remember:
1. Be on time - driver will not wait for you.
2. This is not for the faint hearted - remember that you will be flying 4000 ft. in an open basket.
3. Listen and follow the crew and captains safety precautions  and instructions.
4. They don't allow bags and cameras with huge lenses on flight. Carry less or leave your things inside the car who picked you up.
5. Enjoy the ride.
What to Bring:
1. Camera with one small lenses only ( compact camera is fine)
2. Scarf, shawl or jacket as its cold in the desert - doesn't need to be thick.
3. Sun Glasses
4. Cap
5. Wallet ( pocket size).

Our adventure started at 04:55H when the driver picked us up from a hotel in downtown Dubai. It took us no more than 45 minutes to arrive Margham Area in Dubai or Dubai Conservation Park. We were advised to leave excess baggage such as bags, wallets and big camera lenses upon arrival.

Afterwards, we had a 10 minutes safety briefing. We were group into two, 12 persons per group for left and right-wing. Out of which we were a group again into two, 6 persons each for the compartment. We are a total of 25 in a basket including the captain and a crew for the falcon.

We then watch the process of filling air into the balloon from laying the balloon on the ground to inflating an air.

After a few minutes, your captain will ask you to climb the basket and without you knowing it you are already off the ground.

As you slowly climb up 4000 ft. you will witness one of the most magnificent sunrises. A beautiful shade of yellow to orange over the horizon with the other balloon floating around the area. While appreciating the sunrise the crew will then release the falcon from the balloon to show how fast and agile they are.

As you gradually go down, you will see the wave of sands with the footprints of camels, goats, gazelles or if you’re lucky enough oryx. As we wait for landing, we floated over the  Sheik’s enormous property.

Landing is not actually that easy as it will still depend on the wind and the flat surface. Pass the sheikhโ€™s property was our landing area. As the captain instructed us to take the landing position it took only a few minutes when we felt a sudden jolt and tilt as the weight of the balloon shifted on one side. And the captain replied. “It’s normal, this was the smoothest I had for the past week.” ๐Ÿ˜‰

After landing wait for the captain’s instruction to climb out of the basket. You will then be given a few minutes to take a photo with the falcon. And while you are waiting for your turn you can watch the other crew fold and tuck the heavy balloon.

If you opted for package 1 and 2 the crew will drive you on the breakfast area or if not ( like me) our driver, drive us back directly to downtown and had our breakfast at home happy and satisfied with the experience.

Ciao!

More of Dubai here.

Happy Travels!

Advertisements

18 comments for “Hot Air Balloon Dubai

1. Rhonda Albom
    November 9, 2019 at 10:16 am

Wow, I had no idea they put that many people in a balloon. While it looks cool, you are braver than me.

• November 10, 2019 at 1:14 pm

Me too I thought we were like 8 only but when we got there the basket was massive it accommodates 25๐Ÿ™ˆ

2. Amy
    November 9, 2019 at 4:49 pm

I did this in Dubai and it was one of my favorite mornings from our trip!

• November 10, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Me too.. The sunrise was stunning.

3. November 10, 2019 at 10:30 am

I am admittedly a chicken and would never do this! Terra firma thank you, but l loved seeing it. Wow! I thought a balloon could only hold like four people..it’s like a floating boat and looks like fun.

• November 10, 2019 at 1:12 pm

Yes it was really fun.. You should try it once you visit Dubai.๐Ÿ˜Š

4. November 10, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Wow! I just came from Cappadocia, but didn’t get the chance to go up in a balloon. I love that they release a falcon when you’re in the air! Sounds like an epic experience. I hope I get to go someday!!

• November 10, 2019 at 5:55 pm

wew I want to try in Cappadocia.. Yey it was epic..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

5. Jen
    November 12, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Wow what a dream! Iโ€™ve been ballooning twice but just added Dubai to my bucket list.

6. November 13, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Thanks so much for sharing yoru experience! I’m reluctant to visit Dubai because so many more places seem more interesting, but when I get the chance to go, I’ll definitely try to do this!

• November 13, 2019 at 12:23 pm

You should when you get a chance. Weather is great from Nov-Mar if you plan to visit anytime soon.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™ˆ

7. November 13, 2019 at 12:19 pm

This sounds like fun, not sure I’d do it yet but maybe. I enjoyed reading about your experience, thanks for sharing!

• November 13, 2019 at 12:21 pm

Welcome. You should maybe not in Dubai but other countries like Turkey.๐Ÿ˜Š

8. November 13, 2019 at 1:54 pm

I’ve only done one hot air balloon ride and that was in Mexico over the Teotihuacan ruins which was amazing but terrifying at the same time! I didn’t think Dubai would be a place that does them, something to add to the to-do list if I ever get to Dubai. I’m really keen to do the one in Turkey as well, so if you get the chance I’d love to hear about your experience ๐Ÿ™‚

• November 13, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Sure. Iโ€™m planning for next year hopefully.๐Ÿ˜Š I also want to try that one in Mexico over the pyramids.

9. December 23, 2019 at 3:24 am

This is so awesome!!!! Thank you so much for adding the details and cost. I definitely want to do this even though I’m terrified.

10. February 8, 2020 at 12:18 pm

What a great experience to try in Dubai! I have recently visited but didn’t know you could do that. Would definitely add to my wish list next time!

11. February 8, 2020 at 1:52 pm

This must have been an incredible experience! I went on a hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia and it was so magical!